Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Happy Hour

The concept of "Happy Hour" has taken on a whole new meaning at our house, now more accurately meaning the time when Sullivan is alert and happy rather than the time when we can go to a local watering hole and imbibe cheap (or cheaper) drinks and eat ourselves silly on reduced-price appetizers.*

Sullivan has started to smile every now and again, and I still can't tell for sure if he means to smile or if it just sort of happens, but I think we are now getting to the point where the smiles are deliberate.

Here are some shots which represent my feeble attempts at 1) getting Sully to smile; and 2) capturing those smiles in a photo. Whether these are true smiles or not, I'll let you be the judge, but I still think he is super cute, smiling or not!







*Side Note: I did have my first alcoholic beverage on Saturday night since March 2006. I went out with the girls to Dahlia Lounge for a great dinner and one glass of wine -- wow, was it good!

And when I say it was good, I'm referring to both the food and the glass of wine. I was watching the Food Network on Friday night, and there is this new program that Giada What's-Her-Face started where she goes city-to-city exploring the local "culture" via its restaurants (doesn't this sound just like that Rachael Ray show? Not the "$40 a Day" one, but that other one she does that isn't "30-Minute Meals?" But, I digress...). In the premiere episode, Giada comes to Seattle and goes to the Dahlia Lounge; Cafe Nola on Bainbridge Island; Cascadia for their Happy Hour which includes tiny little burgers (I think they are also known as "Sliders") with fancy toppings like blue cheese and carmelized Walla Walla onions; and also a cool-looking coffee house on Capitol Hill that starts with a "V" and I forget the name of. Anyways, this made me want to go to Dahlia Lounge as I have never been before, and I also find it funny (or sad?) that I have to watch a national cable network television show to learn about the city that I live in.

Oh, well -- the show resulted in my having a great time with my friends, so it really can't be all bad! And Gabe and Sully had a nice evening together, too, watching "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo," which I now have the honor of hearing lines quoted from over and over again. Good thing Sully can't talk yet. :)

2 comments:

Karin said...

this kid is cute ranae - you guys have done well. i love the smiles outtakes (middle pic) best. :)

Anonymous said...

Gotta love the post-pregnancy alcohol lightweightness (is that a word? Well, it should be.) You're all lookin good, Sandholms! Can't wait to see the wee man.

Love,
Mandolyn