Apparently Midwest winters (or I guess it is technically only late Fall...good grief) do not agree with the Sandholm family. We're pretty much a wreck. I'm not so bad as the other two (maybe I can thank my flu shot), but I'm still not feeling amazing with a bit of a cough and sore throat. Yay.
Sullivan has been fighting off some sort of ailment for about three weeks now...it started with a cough, runny nose, bit of a fever, crusty eyes and fussiness that had Gabe and I staying home with him for a week. Then it got a bit better for about two days or so, but then progressed into coughing until puking, a mild fever, not eating and grumpiness over the Thanksgiving holiday. We went to the doctor yesterday, and Sully has his first, bona fide ear infection. Poor bugger. He has lost weight, and now isn't even 20 pounds anymore. He is on amoxicillin and Tylenol, so hopefully will be perking up here in the next three to four days. We can't wait for him to be healthy again.
And then there is Gabe, the man who is never sick. That track record is broken as he spent most of the wee hours of Saturday into Sunday in the bathroom for a non alcohol-related session praying to The Porcelain God. He stayed home from work Monday and Tuesday, but is on the mend now. He still manages to have a cough that sounds roughly like a barking seal, and I'm concerned I may be getting that flattering cough as well. Like I said, we are quite the group.
I think I need to buy some more hand sanitizer, wash my hands more frequently and get more zealous with the cleaning of surfaces with Lysol wipes. At least then I know we tried everything to keep this from being the Winter of the Chronic Cough and Runny Nose. Although I would take that as long as Sully would start eating again...not sure how Gabe and I have made a kid not interested in food, but we apparently have. And I know he isn't adopted and that he wasn't switched at birth -- he had on that Baby Lo-Jack thing and we were wearing matching wristbands the entire time we were in the hospital. Not to mention he bears a mild resemblance to Gabe.
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
"He still manages to have a cough that sounds roughly like a barking seal."
Just so you all know, the barking seal has finally left the building.
Post a Comment