Sunday, October 08, 2006

The Sandholm's: 30 Weeks Pregnant


Here we are -- 30 weeks (well, I think I'm now really 31 weeks -- was a little slow at getting these photos taken) pregnant! As you'll notice by Gabe's much smaller belly, his "baby" is apparently growing much slower than the one I'm carrying. But, I suppose that really is for the best. :)

Although a full pregnancy is 40 weeks, the medical community considers a woman full-term at 37 weeks. So, if Junior decided he was ready, he could make his appearance in six weeks without upsetting anyone very much. Although I would like him to wait a bit, as we still haven't started our birthing classes, haven't taken the breastfeeding class -- all those sorts of things. Oh, well...he will show up when he shows up, and I'm sure we'll figure things out as we go along, even if we miss all of those classes.

We have our last ultrasound tomorrow to make sure that everything is going well with Junior. This was the ultrasound that our doctor scheduled since I said that I didn't feel him move around much. The good news is that I think that he is probably moving more now and is doing well, but it will be good to have the last ultrasound to get one final peek at him before he enters the world.

In other Sandholm family news, today, I went with the girls to Issaquah's Salmon Days -- I believe this was my sixth annual Salmon Days excursion. It is really fun; we got to walk around and check out all of the craft stands, eat fair food (I had the King Corn Dog and a caramel apple -- very good!), and watch the salmon make their way upstream to the Issaquah Salmon Hatchery to spawn and die. Although the "spawn and die" part might sound like a weird thing to celebrate, it's actually really cool to learn about and see the salmon fighting upstream, and talk to the F.I.S.H. (Friends of the Issaquah Salmon Hatchery) Docents and have them explain what is happening, what they are going to do with the fish and that sort of thing. This is also the event where I have been getting a Sandholm family Christmas ornament every year; however, the Ornament Lady failed to make the event this year for some reason, so my tradition apparently has ended. There are a couple other craft fairs coming up, and I can see if Ornament Lady is at any of those. This isn't just any ornament -- it's a hand-painted, homemade-y looking wooden ornament that the Ornament Lady writes "Sandholm's 2006" on...really hope I find her again. I might have to adjust the tradition a bit this year if I don't!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm still so impressed that you pay such good attention to the docents - you certainly school (sorry!) us all in your salom knowledge!