I’m clapping, I’m clapping!
Ok, not really. But, it is our wedding anniversary today – four whole years! Very exciting stuff. It seems like the actual wedding part happened a long time ago, and in looking at our wedding pictures, it LOOKS like it happened a long time ago. Gabe and I look so young in those photos. But, it doesn’t feel like we’ve been married that long at all and we are still the goofy people who got married on the first day of fall in Readlyn, Iowa and crammed entirely too many people into a limousine with a set of cow horns mounted to the front a la Boss Hog, and made our way to Waverly, Iowa to enjoy a gigantic buffet of food while my sister proceeded to light her bouquet on fire at the head table with a candle. In the meantime, others of the wedding party (who will remain nameless) proceeded to go around and single-handedly finish-off any bottles of champagne that still had something left in them, while others decided to jump off the second floor hallway in the hotel and into the indoor pool which it surrounded, well after the “official” party was over. Meanwhile, Gabe and I made our way to the “honeymoon suite” which—no joke—actually had mirrors on the ceiling. Classy.
Now, four years later, we don’t have mirrors on our ceilings (thank goodness) and instead of spending our day getting our hair done, ourselves dressed to the nines, photos taken and seeing lots of friends and family at church and a reception, we instead started the day off getting to sleep in because I had a doctor’s appointment, which was great! However, traffic was awful, and this was Gestational Diabetes Testing Day where I had to drink some really sweet, gross, fruit punch-style glucose beverage and then have my blood taken EXACTLY ONE HOUR after having finished it. Needless to say, we showed up at the doctor’s office one hour and five minutes after I drank this crap, had to wait another five minutes to get anyone to help us, had to wait for the blood-taker lady to get done with whomever she was helping at the time, and then explain my situation to see if I could still get my blood drawn since I think I missed the blood-taking window. The blood-taker lady felt sorry for me and said we would take it anyways, and if the doctor didn’t like the results, then I would do it again, but we would try this first. So, hopefully the doctor will get what she needs. However, my doctor THEN wouldn’t see me for my actual appointment because I showed up eight minutes late, so we had to reschedule the entire debacle for next week. So, the morning of our fourth anniversary started out really dumb. However, we have dinner and a movie to look forward to tonight, let alone the season premieres of The Office and Grey’s Anatomy, and I did get free pizza for lunch, so it really isn’t that bad. But the whole doctor situation still makes me mad.
And being married for four years is pretty cool. Just in case you were wondering.
Thursday, September 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment